I didn't intentionally make my title rhyme, but I like that it does. I would have posted this sooner but I was waiting for one last order to arrive...and it never did, more about that later.
This year I only did a little bit of sale shopping, nothing really caught my eye other than what I did end up buying. I shopped online in the Illamasqua and Forever21 sales and then picked up the perfume in store.
Illamasqua - I was so excited to discover their Boxing Day sale where everything seemed to be between 50% and 70% off. I snapped up £95 worth of makeup for just £35!!
- I grabbed a cream foundation for myself in one of their lightest sales, suprisingly this is even a tad too light for my pale skin so I have been using it in conjuction with my normal liquid foundation as a bit of a contouring highlighter.
- The concealer is actually white which I thought would be good under any really pale makeup when a model has any hard to cover blemishes, but also under any white bases when doing body/face painting.
- Next is the Liquid Metal palette in Art of Darkness. This contains four highly pigmented cream shades which are multipurpose. Reduced from £34 to just £10 I literally could not leave it there. This will be handy as eyeshadow bases or in more creative, avant garde makeup work.
- Lastly I grabbed one of their blue mascaras, this would just be used on creative shoots again. I just collect different coloured mascaras, it's good to have a range of colours in my kit.
Forever21 - Their Boxing Day reductions were definately the best I found, they were offering 50% off everything already in their SALE!! Making prices just ridiculous! I only got myself a couple of things but stocked up on a ton of birthday presents and belated Christmas presents for friends.
- Not pictured here, I got the silver bodycon skirt I wore out on NYE and that cost £1.99. I'm so impressed with it too and wish it was acceptable to wear shiny silver skirts all the time, you can see that here.
- These bangles were a similar price after discount, in fact maybe even less. I LOVE these so much, you all know I'm a big fan of chunky bracelets, spikes and metal so these are perfect additions to my ever growing arm candy collection.
Bentalls - Every year I check out the perfume sale in Bentalls which is a department store in my local town. (I don't know if there is Bentalls stores elsewhere?)
- I just bought the one perfume as I couldn't find testers for the others I was interested in. I have been wanting this Michael Kors perfume for a while, it is very different to the kind of scents I usually wear but still gorgeous smelling. This was half price so only cost me £17.50. I'll have to remember to use it sparingly as I can't afford to replace it when at full price it's £35 for just 30ml.
So the last thing I had ordered was on Boxing Day again and that was some GHDs from Asos. If you follow me on Twitter you probably know all about the trouble I've been having with that order but finally yesterday (2 weeks later) I got an email from them saying they'd lost my order and the product was now out of stock. Gutted! I had paid just £69 reduced from about £100 I think and was very excited to get some GHDs back in my life. Now once my refund comes through I have to decide whether I'm going to order some from another shop at a slightly higher price (the cheapest I've found are £79) or just forget the whole idea for now and save the money. Right now I'm leaning towards the latter.