Yes I'm jumping on the bandwagon, I really hope you guys aren't hating these random facts posts as I've been really enjoying them. I find it's a great way to get to know someone better and I've learnt so many cool things about some of my favourite bloggers, so I wanted to do one too and hopefully you guys will find it interesting!
[The funniest, recent photo of me at our Game of Thrones party, I'm a wildling drinking mead on the iron throne!]
1. My name is not short for Jessica as most people assume, it's actually short for Jessamy, and my parents didn't even make that up!
2. I haven't had my natural hair colour for longer than a couple of months for the past ten years. I would dye it every colour under the sun but eventually at uni I settled for keeping it bleach blonde and nowadays I dye it dark brown. My natural hair colour is a horrible muddy blonde.
3. I am a makeup artist but I am absolutely awful at hair.
4. I am shark obsessed and have been since I was about 7. So much so that for my birthday last year my friends all decided to chip in so I could dive with sharks in an aquarium near Liverpool...though we still haven't had a chance to make the trip up there.
5. I used to have a season ticket to Fulham FC and go to games with my dad and brother as a teenager, at one game I was stood about 3 feet from Michael Jackson as he was escorted through the bar by security to perform at half time but I didn't believe it was really him because his face was too shiny...at half time I was kicking myself.
6. My favourite band for the past 6 years has been 65 Days of Static, but I've only ever seen them live once.
7. Other favourite gigs include Crystal Castles, The King Blues, Sonic Boom Six and Pendulum.
8. My favourite food is swede. (yes the vegetable) I like it mashed with flora and pepper. Mmmmm.
9. At school when I was about 8 a pigeon landed on my head in the playground. I was really self conscious and decided the best way to not draw any attention to the bird on my head would be to just ignore its existence. Kid logic.
10. I played the cello for about 7 years from the age of 9. I eventually gave up because I didn't think it was "cool"...nowadays I regret not keeping it up.
11. Half of my family live in Canada, a lot of friends too, but bar a couple of young cousins none of them are actually Canadian.
12. My most memorable dream was one in which I was James Bond. I did a bunch of cool stuff, evacuated a building in a busy London street, killed all the baddies and then casually walked out as it blew up behind me to nods of approval from police and the public. As I reached the other side of the road a bird pooped on my face. I literally sighed in my sleep, I can't even be cool in my dreams.
13. I was vegetarian for 5 years between the ages of 18-23 but now I eat more meat than I ever did before.
14. I never cry at TV or films, but the one thing that has me in tears every time I watch it is Jim and Pam's wedding in The Office. I don't know what this says about me.
15. My last relationship lasted 4 years and ended mutually yet in the 3 years since I've not once wanted to get into a new one. I think that part of my brain is broke.
16. When asked what my favourite colour is I always respond grey, which infuriates certain friends because it's not actually a colour but a tone.
17. My favourite season is summer, I LOVE the sun and the heat and would always rather be too hot than in any way cold. However I am ridiculously fair skinned and burn super easily, it's a cruel world.
18. When I was 11 I broke my wrist doing step aerobics at summer camp. Making kids do step ups on shiny, plastic steps in only socks is such a fine idea! :/
19. I used to play ice hockey from the ages of 15 - 20 but had to give it up in my second year of uni because I didn't have enough time to juggle both.
20. I studied model design and special effects at uni, making monsters or dead bodies, but I've not done anything with it since.
Well that was a lot easier than I thought, I was expecting it to be really hard to come up with 20 facts. I hope this was slightly interesting to read and gives you a bit more insight into me as a person, or maybe you now just think I'm completely insane? Either way, I hope you enjoyed!